Your Clear Path to a Straighter Smile
Clear aligners are the top alternative to traditional braces at Skyblue Orthodontics. Dr. Barnes is proud to offer this innovative solution to straightening smiles at our Dunn office.
Custom Clear Aligners for Your Smile
At Skyblue Orthodontics, we're proud to offer clear aligners, an alternative to braces that help you get a straighter smile without metal brackets and wires. Whether you are a teen or an adult with orthodontic issues, clear aligners can conveniently help you get the smile of your dreams.
These removable, clear aligners are a convenient way to straighten your smile without any appliances attached to your teeth. The customized trays apply constant pressure to your teeth, similar to braces, but you can take them out to eat or drink or for special occasions.
The Clear Aligner Process
Dr. Barnes customizes your treatment plan to your unique needs. However, there are some general steps you can expect your treatment process to follow:
- Step 1: A free consultation with a comprehensive orthodontic exam, a 3D scan of your teeth and bite, digital X-rays, and intra-oral photos.
- Step 2: We'll use our records to diagnose any orthodontic conditions you may have.
- Step 3: Using the 3D computer model, we'll create custom-made aligners to fit your teeth and bite.
- Step 4: You'll wear each pair of aligners for two weeks before moving onto a new set, moving closer to your ideal smile each time.
- Step 5: Once you use your last set of aligners, it is time to show off your new smile! You will get removable retainers to hold your results in place.
The Benefits of Clear Aligners
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Clear aligners are nearly invisible, so you'll feel confident smiling throughout treatment.
- No Food Restrictions: Since you can remove your aligners during meals, you can eat whatever you want.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Flossing and cleaning those hard-to-get places is no problem since there aren't any additional spaces to worry about.
Great for Teens
At Skyblue Orthodontics, we want our teen patients to be excited about starting their journey toward straighter teeth; clear aligners make that happen.
Whether you're a musician, an athlete, a performer, a class president, or anything else, you'll be able to participate in all your activities without the barrier that traditional braces might present.
And, since clear aligners are made of clear plastic and almost invisible, your friends probably won't even know you're wearing them.
Clear aligner therapy helps teens focus on doing what they do best—being their confident selves. At your first free consultation with Dr. Barnes, you'll learn if clear aligners are a good fit for your teen.
Differences Between Braces & Aligners
There's a lot to consider when it comes to clear aligner therapy. Most patients at Skyblue Orthodontics enjoy shorter check-ups, fewer appointments, simpler oral hygiene, and fewer emergency visits.
However, it's important to prepare for the additional responsibilities of wearing clear aligners. You have to remember to wear your trays and keep them clean.
Since they're removable, leaving them out for a while can be tempting. But following the guidelines from Dr. Barnes is the only way to reach your smile goals.
Like traditional metal braces, Dr. Barnes recommends wearing a retainer after your clear aligner treatment to maintain your new alignment and confident new smile.
Frequently Asked Questions
Talk to Us About Clear Aligners
Clear aligner therapy is a great option for subtle, effective treatment. During your free consultation, Dr. Barnes can advise you about the best treatment options for your teeth, bite, and lifestyle.
Schedule your free consultation at our Dunn office to learn if clear aligners are right for you.